A PLETHORA OF PRoducts
Up until recently, satellite images have been expensive, hard to come by and often used solely by experts. Nowadays, our changing planet is observed by hundreds of satellites, producing billions of images every year.
As a direct result, those who produce and provide Earth observation (EO) products often struggle to offer a clear and comprehensive view of their voluminous catalogues. Having to search through a plethora of EO products can lead to the more inexperienced of users working with unrelated EO products, and often missing the few relevant ones.
This situation can quickly turn into lost customers. In other words, the clarity and exhaustiveness of the offering is a key element of customer success or otherwise.
AN INSPIRING WINDOW ON EARTH
ARLAS offers the quickest way to explore huge catalogues of Earth Observation – or derived – products, and to reliably identify the ones that matter most to the customer.
From the outset, ARLAS visually maps all available products, sets them against a timeline and offers different analytical histograms for various data dimensions (cloud coverage, verticality etc.). The user can therefore quickly dive straight to the relevant products by restricting the value ranges on both the map and histograms. Histograms also offer a vision of peripheral data, meaning those just at the limits of the user’s criteria, thus making the user aware of what could potentially be missed.
Thanks to previews and smart WMTS integration, users are able to select with confidence the EO products of their choice. All in all, ARLAS has been designed to provide an engaging and inspiring experience that will encourage the user to come back time and time again.
ARLAS also offers powerful and fully-documented REST API and OGC services allowing for wider adoption. Importantly, smart bookmarks, notifications for new, relevant products and share functions offer an easier and more collaborative experience.
ARLAS for EO Features
- Visualisation and interactions with the geo-spatial distribution of the EO products
- in aggregated mode (grid or heatmap)
- in feature mode (the product extends are displayed on the map denoting different satellites by different colours)
- Visualisation and interactions with the distribution of product property values:
- product type (optic, radar, etc.)
- product source (satellite, sensor, etc.)
- cloud percentage detected in the product’s extend
- toponyms (country/state/city names) covered by the product’s extend
- illumination azimuth & elevation angles
- acquisitions incident angle
- product resolution
- any other dimension carried by the product’s metadata
- Visualisation and distribution interaction with:
- date histograms
- multi layer donuts
- Thumbnail grids and previews with synchronised highlighting of the grid and the map
- Card grids presenting the product properties
- WMTS visualisation integrated into the map
- Application state encoded in the URL for sharing between users
- Role Based Access: Secured access with Auth2 and privileged access management for products and product properties
- Bookmark management
- Shape, KML, WKT and geojson import for geo filtering
- Geojson and CSV download
- Interactive tutorial